1. What’s your position with Brightergy? How long have you been working here?
I am an accountant and have been working here since March 4th.
2. Where are you from / where did you grow up? What’s your background (educational/work)?
I was born and raised in Hutchinson, KS. I graduated from KU with an Accounting Degree two years ago, and spent a year in Western Kansas working for a grain co-op before moving to Brightergy.
3. Why solar? What first got you interested in renewable energy?
I honestly never even thought about solar before I started working here. I realized in my first job though that I enjoyed working in an industry that really made an impact in the world, so when I saw an opportunity to continue doing that, I jumped on it.
4. What is something people might not know about your job and/or what you do?
I’m the guy that writes your checks.
5. How do you define sustainability?
The ability for a society/system to function effectively without needing help from outside sources.
6. When you’re not working for Brightergy, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I enjoy spending time with friends and family, and anything that involves being outside.
7. What’s something your coworkers don’t know about you?
Since I’ve only been here a couple of months, I’d imagine there is quite a bit they don’t know about me, but a random talent I have is the ability to shake my eyes and wiggle my ears.
8. Which living person do you most admire?
I’m going to take the cheesy answer and say my Dad. He’s taught me just about everything I know in life.
Sam Field on graduation day.[/caption]